Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ribōn - Kumogakure Jounin [Finished?]

3 posters

Go down

Ribōn - Kumogakure Jounin [Finished?] Empty Re: Ribōn - Kumogakure Jounin [Finished?]

Post by Kiyoshi Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 am

You need 12-13 paragraphs for an A ranked Jounin. Right now, all you have is enough for Chuunin.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

http://www.myspace.com/tyfhoon

Back to top Go down

Ribōn - Kumogakure Jounin [Finished?] Empty Re: Ribōn - Kumogakure Jounin [Finished?]

Post by Reborn Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Character Guide wrote:Jounin 12-13 Paragraphs

Each paragraph should contain about 100 words, or a minimum of five lines, so post accordingly!

If you go by this, then all you really need is 1200 to 1300 words to obtain Jounin rank. I have 1304 words, meaning that I've actually over-met the history requirements.

To say that I need to actually divide up my history into 12 to 13 paragraphs is pointless as some parts of history can't really be divided up into that many paragraphs, but if needed just to fit this rule of "12 to 13" paragraphs all I have to do is go back and make those giant paragraphs into smaller ones.

So which do you prefer? Meeting the requirements by word count or meeting them by paragraph count? Either way its going to be the same thing.

Honestly... judging a character's rank by paragraph count alone? Unfair much?
Reborn
Reborn
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm

The reason why it is preferred to have separated paragraphs is because it is generally easier to read without a whole bunch of words all over the place.

Honestly... judging a character's rank by paragraph count alone? Unfair much?

Idk who told you that's how we operate but please don't assume exactly how we do things. We judge applications like resumes, with organization and quality. If you don't have either, then you don't have a worthy application, make sense?

It also says in the character guide that A rank ninja can have 2 elements, not 3.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Character Template wrote:Elemental Affinity: [What elements do you have? S through A Ranks can have three, B-C, can have two and D Ranks can have one]
Regarding the elements, I was going mostly by the Character Template and it said A Ranks can have up to three. So, if you don't mind explaining, why is it that the Guide states you can only have two, while in the Template it says you can have three? Not be rude or anything, but since you guys seemed to have experience in running a site, you should double check these things. Small errors like this makes a site seem almost incompetent, in my opinion anyway.

But if its really such a big deal, then I'll change it to Katon and Raiton. Though just a side note he's lived for quite awhile so having three elements wouldn't be too unreasonable.

Idk who told you that's how we operate but please don't assume exactly how we do things. We judge applications like resumes, with organization and quality. If you don't have either, then you don't have a worthy application, make sense?
I simply infer this because its pretty obvious that I didn't divide my history up into perfect little paragraphs that fit the paragraph rule, so to just say "You only have enough to be a Chuunin" because you counted the number paragraphs seems highly unfair to me.

And additionally, in real life, most essays can have paragraphs much longer this and you do realize that what you write on a word document it is comparably shorter compared to what you post up because forums generally have less room to type in so things appear to be much longer than they actually are.

Is there anything else I should edit or improve upon?
Reborn
Reborn
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:19 pm

I apologize for the mix up, but the rule still stands, please edit your elements.

And again

The reason why it is preferred to have separated paragraphs is because it is generally easier to read without a whole bunch of words all over the place.

We don't judge an application solely on paragraphs but it plays a big role (Almost as much as an Rp sample) because it shows us your organization skills as well as story telling abilities.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Alright... elements edited, though I'm not going to bother splitting up my paragraphs. If you really care so much about it fitting paragraph requirements, then edit it yourself. Sorry but really, having to have things fit by paragraph really does seem pointless to me.
Reborn
Reborn
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku Shikyo Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Approved unless said otherwise
Riku Shikyo
Riku Shikyo
Admin

https://muraofshinobi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Alright, whatever then.

Approved for Jounin
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Considering that Intelligence is not a specialty anymore, you'll need to switch that slot with someone else.

And also, under certain circumstances, your rank has been upgraded to S Rank.

Application before update
Spoiler:
RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kiyoshi on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 pm

:/ Edited.

Edit: Edited for last spec.
Reborn
Reborn
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Approved
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum