Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Learn A New Thing Everyday... (Solo)

Go down

You Learn A New Thing Everyday... (Solo) Empty You Learn A New Thing Everyday... (Solo)

Post by Rasari Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Yamazu sat on a rock, meditating. He had been doing that a lot lately, trying to commune with the Yonbi. It was proving rather more difficult than he had originally anticipated. The Four-Tails was very stubborn and had not appreciated being beaten into a pulp and forced into a human body. Even when Yamazu insisted that he was not exactly one hundred per cent human, the Yonbi still remained cantankerous. Still, Yamazu was a patient person and since the two of them would be spending a whole load of time together from now on it would be wise to persist.

Having sat there for over three hours trying to connect to the Four-Tails, Yamazu finally heard the Yonbi's voice. "Trying to talk to me again? Can't you just leave me alone, I'm already sick of you and I've barely been sealed for a few weeks". The Monkey-Priest was not put off by the Yonbi's sullen, angry tone. Instead, he made a suggestion. "Alrighty then you moody ape, how about I just have a work out? Would you prefer that, eh?" There was a short pause before the Four-Tails replied. "Whatever", was the response, but the Monkey-Priest could hear the small shimmer of interest in the Yonbi's voice. Yamazu already knew that the Four-Tails enjoyed fighting, so he reckoned physical training went hand in hand with that. It appeared that he was correct.

Getting from his cross-legged position, Yamazu shed the cloak he had been wearing and fell into the Drunken Monkey stance. After a moment in the stance the Monkey-Priest begun, jumping about like a maniac, targeting a tree with several punches. Yamazu would be the first to admit that his punches lacked power, but the style was more focussed on speed and delivery than strength.

After about a straight half hour of attacking a tree, Yamazu went back to his rock and sat. Almost immediately the Yonbi started to pick his fighting style apart. "What the hell was all that nancy punching and kicking about? You barely even damaged that tree. Why was you jumping about so much? Why did you not just break it down in one strike?" Yamazu smiled at this. It had taken him weeks to create anything that closely resembled dialogue with the Four-Tails, but now that the Beast had something to criticize he was yammering away. "My Taijutsu focuses on speed and delivery rather than brute strength. After all, what use is strength if you cannot hit something?"

The Yonbi snorted derisively. "And what use is speed is your foe can't even feel the strike when it lands?" Yamazu tilted his head to this thought. "A fair point Mr. Four-Tails. But at least my strikes actually hit the foe. By your philosophy, you just swing powerfully and hope to hit something. If I recall, that was how I defeated you before you were sealed". A strange noise came from the Yonbi, and it took Yamazu a couple of seconds to realise that the Four-Tails was growling at him.

"Alright you pansy arsed monkey, get the hell up. I'll show you how to fight like a real beast", the Yonbi shouted, almost making Yamazu flinch. But the Monkey-Priest smiled as he stood. He had finally made the first connection. He did as he was told and walked over to the tree that he had been attacking before while the Yonbi gave him some pointers on how to maximise his punch strength. This was a bit odd for Yamazu, since he was making a straight forward attack instead of his usual unpredictable moves. When the Yonbi thought he was ready, he gave the command and the Monkey-Priest swung his fist right at the tree trunk. He was not sure what was supposed to happen when his fist connected, but when it did it was pretty much as he expected. Horrible pain!

The Yonbi laughed mightily as Yamazu jumped up and down, making a high pitch screeching sound as he cradled his injured hand. "I guess your muscles and bones aren't quite made for that kind of power. Perhaps if you were drawing upon my chakra at the time, you might just be able to make it into a decent fighting style but I doubt it, you weak limbed tree scrambler". For a moment, Yamazu was too busy trying to think up a good come-back through the mist of pain to register what the Yonbi said. Then it hit him like a punch.

"Wait wait wait. I can draw on your chakra?" Yamazu asked, shocked. From the Four-Tails there was a surprised silence, soon broken by it's laugh. "You mean you did not know? You're telling me that you hunted down a Tailed-Beast, fought with it almost to the death and underwent an untested procedure to seal it and you did not even know what power you would possess?!" For good long while the Yonbi seemed in hysterics and by the time it had stopped laughing the pain in Yamazu's hand simmered down to a dull ache. "Well, you will make an interesting host if nothing else. I think that I might actually be able to teach you a thing or two".

Yamazu smiled. "I'm always up for a lesson".
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

You Learn A New Thing Everyday... (Solo) Empty Re: You Learn A New Thing Everyday... (Solo)

Post by Rasari Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 pm

"Remember to breath deep and exhale slowly. Feel the air expand your chest, like it does when you use fireballs. Feel that, in your gut? The heat burning there?"

"Isn't that just the onion and banana skin soup I had earlier?"

"No, you stupid branch swinger, that's the lava. More specifically, the ash. You are still not yet ready for lava. When you master this then perhaps we can move onto that more difficult art".

Yamazu did as the Yonbi instructed, breathing deeply and exhaling slowly. He already knew how to breath properly to perform jutsu from the mouth, but he felt that since he was using the special jutsu gained from his joining with the Four-Tails, it was better to proceed at the Yonbi's pace. He could indeed feel the boiling warmth in his stomach, although he first just attributed it to stomach ache. For the past hour he had been standing there on the mountainside, practising breathing exercise and trying to stir lava in his gut. He finally felt as if he was getting somewhere. Now all that was left was to breath.

With the ash in his stomach, Yamazu exhaled slowly and it came billowing out in a huge dark cloud, swirling around him and masking his presence. Anyone else caught in this highly effective smokescreen would find it very difficult and even painful to breath but he would not. The Yonbi gave a laugh at his success. "That's it! Very good... for a flimsy limbed monkey anyway", it said, although there was little hostility in it's voice. The Monkey-Priest smiled happily before making a bunch of handseals and exhaling a great wind, blowing the ash away.

"What next then?" asked the Yonbi.

"Now I do something that I have been saving to do until we were joined. I am going to modify my Staff", Yamazu replied, beginning the awkward climb to the highest point of the mountain, where the tree from which he carved his Staff stood.

After a half hour of climbing, yamazu finally made it to the top of the mountain and to the Staff Tree. He could see the scar he had made when he had carved out a piece of its' bark to get to the wood underneath, and the deeper scar where he had chopped the wood. This tree was very special, although only he and the other monks knew of it. It had the interesting trait of storing chakra for very long periods of time and even regenerating it should any be lost. After being treating with chakra, it also became as strong as any steel. Taking out an axe from his bag, he began the arduous task of cutting out enough wood for his needs.

After about an hour chopping and another hour of carving, Yamazu had only to give it his chakra and the project would be complete. This took a lot less time, since the wood absorbed his chakra quickly until it was like the rest of his Staff. Now that it was complete, Yamazu gave it a try out, swinging it around while detaching all four sections of the Staff, having them shoot forward unexpectedly and strike the Staff Tree before coming back and fitting back onto the main body of the weapon. Satisfied, the Monkey-Priest dismissed his Staff and made his way back down the mountain.

"Four sections for four tails?" asked the Yonbi with an amused tone. "Well, that weapon is going to be full of surprises now. And so will you, soon. I think that you might just be ready to handle lava. Maybe".

Yamazu smiled wide, skipping his way down the mountainside.
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum