Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yokan

4 posters

Go down

Yokan Empty Yokan

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 am

Name of the Kekkei Genkai: Yokan

Type of Kekkei Genkai: Elemental

Clan: Former Hyouden family

Description: In Hyouden clan there was legend, which stated that Hyouden family was once a part of greater clan in Water country, which was later divided into two smaller families by internal strife. One of these families called itself Hyouden and left the Water country, while other one reimained there and its legacy was lost due to wars and internal conflicts.

Members of both families had the ability to fuse water and wind elemnts into ice element which was called Hyouton style. The family in Water country used this ability for military uses and that was later main reason for their persecution. Hyouden clan moved to peaceful country where this ability was adapted for more peaceful and practical use and the martial techniques were almost forgotten.

After some time the ability of Hyouden family merged with native traditions and martial arts and their hand seals were replaced by spherical body (especially arms) movements.

Specific abilities: Those who possess this bloodline are able to use Hyouton style by combining wind and water chakras simultaneously. They also have the ability to manipulate those three elements (Suiton, Fuuton, Hyouton) without using hand signs, but rather with their specific movements.

When Hyouton style techniques are used the chakra of users becomes cold and begins cooling surrounding atmosphere.

Hyouden family members can endure low temperatures easily, because they have lower core body temperature than normal humans. Family members are less resistant to heat.

Family members are usually born with natural water and wind elements as their dominant. Not every member of the family is able to create ice.

Weakness: Ice creation requires good chakra control. Techniques use considerable amounts of chakra. Ice can be melted by higher ranking fire techniques. Till certain mastery level prolonged continuous usage of Ice techniques is dangerous to user and can damage his/hers body. (At D rank damage begins to appear after 4 posts, C rank after 5 posts of continuous usage. When limit is passed D ranked user will lose his/hers ability to fight after 2 posts and C ranked user after 3 posts. B and higher ranked users can use Ice techniques without experiencing damage.)

Last edited by Terakoishi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Yokan Empty Re: Yokan

Post by lifeanddeath Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:04 am

approved unless said otherwise
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath
ANBU
ANBU

http://myspace.com/freakyboyblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:42 am

One sec. I don't mean to pry or anything but exactly why do the members of the clan age slower and mature faster?
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

http://www.myspace.com/tyfhoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:31 am

Well that's a complicated question. When I was writing this I didn't have any specific reasons for it in my mind. Its only like inherited family trait influenced by genetics. Like for example appearance.

Is this sort of answer is good enough or do you need more specific reasons for that?
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 am

Well, it depends on if it's just like 4-5 years of delayed immaturity or allowing to live past a hundred.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by The Science Freak Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:51 am

Its... kinda complicated, actually. If you mature slower, you age slower, and vice versa. Its been scientifically proven with killer bees and has a mythological precedent with elves (who are like 80 before they even look 20).
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:04 am

Well I had in my mind something like a hundred years and actually I didn't think that such ability is worth so much attention( well its my fault for I didn't think that it would become a problem in a such a fantasy world and so I didn't pay enough attention to explaining this feature and I didn't think that it actually would have any influence except for appearance of my character ).

But you gave me something to think about.

And so at the moment I'm not capable of explaining this feature and if it's necessary I'll remove it until I have some reasonable explanation for it.
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

And so at the moment I'm not capable of explaining this feature and if it's necessary I'll remove it until I have some reasonable explanation for it.

Seems like a good idea. If you need help in coming up with a good explanation, just pm me or any other mod/admin.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

Well if I won't be able to find explanation for some time or I'll feel that its necessary for me to have this ability fast I'll certainly ask for help. At the moment I removed it.
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeanddeath Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

How much does the prolonged use slow you down?
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath
ANBU
ANBU

http://myspace.com/freakyboyblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Well how should I put it... The intense cold begins to freeze body cells so damaging whole body. Blood circulation slows down because of being frozen.

Slowly damages brain so affecting mental abilities. Slows down regeneration abilities or effects and causes strain on nerve system. With the first post after the prolonged usage limit means some minor damage but not permanent. And with every post it gets worse. After 4 posts one or more of users body systems goes down which can result in lose of consciousness/strong mental damage like turning insane or dramatically reduced ability to make right decisions/chakra consumption is doubled/inability to move/intense pain/permanent damage to body. Of course it all depends on rank.
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 pm

(C rank- from 3 posts, B rank- 4 posts, A rank- 5 posts, S- 7 posts).

I think you messed up a bit, you made it seem like, the stronger it is, the longer it takes to take effect, shouldn't it be the other way around?
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

By this I mean that using this technique has a negative effect on me and the higher rank is the longer it takes to have an negative effect on me. When its c rank it takes 3 posts until it starts to take effect, when b- 4 posts and so on. Is it clear now?
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Crystal clear. Approved.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Terakoishi Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 am

Well... Edited... I hope I didn't make too many mistakes and everything is more or less clear. And this ability to manipulate elements... To make it perfectly clear its something like in Avatar the last airbender (if thats possible)
Terakoishi
Terakoishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum