Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamazu, The Monkey-Priest (Update)

4 posters

Go down

Yamazu, The Monkey-Priest (Update) Empty Yamazu, The Monkey-Priest (Update)

Post by Rasari Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 am

Name: Yamazu, the Monkey-Priest
Nickname/Alias: N/A

Age Appearance: 30

Appearance: His skin is slightly golden, and his hair is gold. His fingers are thin and extremely dexterious, and his feet are the same, with both being hairy. He often goes around without wearing any footwear. His eyes are deep brown and constantly sparkling. He also posseses a long prehensile golden tail.

I recently found a picture that looks like what I imagined Yamazu would look like (from the movie The Forbidden Kingdom).
Spoiler:

Ninja Rank: No official rank, wandering shinobi.

Village: None.
Birthplace: Kusa no Kuni (Grass Country)
Previous Village: None.

Clan/Bloodline: N/A

Personality: After being trapped for a hundred and thirty years, Yamazu has a few screws loose. His actions are very erratic, even when standing still he moves constantly, hopping from one foot to the next or swinging his tail around. Despite the betrayal that led to his incarseration, he is a very trusting individual. He is also rather mischievious, often playing practical jokes and stealing things. In fights, he sees it all as a game, enjoying the combat and laughing all the way through it. He always wears a smile on his face. Yet despite this seemingly childish and idiotic exterior, he is also very wise, learning a lifetime of lessons from the priests of his temple.

Goals: To become one with the Yonbi (Four-Tailed Beast), wander the lands.
Alignment: Neutral.

Canon Personality: N/A

History: As the Tale Of The Monkey-Priest is very old and has been degraded over time, the exact details are unknown. However, the following is the most historically correct version that is still being circulated today.

A long while ago, on top of a high, forested mountain, there was a temple. In the temple, priests practised their art. Taijutsu and staff fighting was their way of meditating, although they also practised some Ninjutsu for defensive purposes. They mostly got their inspiration from the monkeys that swung from the branches near the temple, copying some of their actions and molding them into their Taijutsu and Staff Kata's. This gave them an agile and fast, if not paticularly powerful, style of fighting.

The priests had a belief that one day, word would reach them of a young boy who would become a great warrior. When, in a small nearby village, they heard a rumour about a misfit child born with a tail of a monkey, they needed no more encouragement. Taking the boy from the village without a fuss (the villagers were glad to see the back of him), they brought him back to the temple and trained him in their way of fighting. The child was a natural at the Taijutsu, picking the moves faster than any of the priests. He even made improvements to it, making it more effective.

The young child had some trouble with the staff fighting at first, his hands instinctively dropping it to fight bare-handed. When he learned to keep a hold of it, he still had trouble melding the monkey Taijutsu with the staff fighting. Eventually though, he mastered that art too, his nimble fingers manipulating the staff with more than normal efficiency. The Ninjutsu arts he was proficient at, but not that extaordinary. His real talents lay in his Taijutsu and staff fighting, able to weave about a battlefield with amazing speed. For such purpose, Yamazu made himself a special Staff made from the tallest tree of higest reaches of the temple mountain. Made with the Monkey-Priests chakra, ledgend said that although made from wood, it was as hard as steel, and whoever held it would be protected from enemy attacks.

After twenty long years of training, Yamazu grew bored, having learned everything that he could from the priests. Many travellers visited the mountain temple to trade and several times the Monkey-Priest tried to escape using them as cover, with the other priests always catching him and bringing him back. Then one day, a man from the Hidden Rock Village came along with a tale of an Ape Demon that had four tails. It had been spotted on another mountain far away, and it held much power and caused much destruction.

Upon hearing the story, Yamazu instantly felt attached to this Demon, they only other being on the face of the planet that had the same strange burden as him. Asking the priests about it, he learned of the other tailed demons of the world, and how some of them where sealed away into 'hosts' known as Jinchuuriki. Yamazu vowed to become one of them, and form a symbiotic relationship with the Four Tails. The man, who had seen the Monkey-Priests' strength, claimed to have the power to Seal these Demons away into a human host, and agreed to help Yamazu on his quest.

The priests had only one condition for the Monkey-Preist; that he took the time to enjoy himself and look around at the world. And to send lots of letters back home. For several years, Yamazu travelled all over the country visiting several places, even other Hidden Villages. The Sealing Man offered to show him around his Village, after they had defeated the Four Tailed Demon. Eventually, they reached their true destination, and they began the long road the mountain.

When they reached the pinicle, they found it to be a wide open space, the tip of the mountain having been torn off long ago by the Ape Demon. The Demon itself was there, towering over the shinobi and the priest, it's red fur rippling like water in the strong breeze. With a monsterous roar, the beast charged them, and the pair readied for the fight of their lives.

Even at the time, the details of the fight were vauge. A hundred and thirty years later, there are no details left. All that is known of the battle is that eventually, the Hidden Rock shinobi and Yamazu were victorious. Whether or not the fight really lasted several days and nights, if it destroyed many villages in the process, or if it reshaped the mountain itself are to the listener, for such facts are now lost forever in the mists of time.

After the Demon was defeated, Yamazu turned the The Sealing Man and asked for him to seal the Demon inside him. But the Monkey-Priest was too trusting, and he allowed the man too approch and place a seal on him. The moment it touched his skin, Yamazu knew he had been tricked. Starting with his feet, rock started to grown upon him, rooting him to the spot. The Sealing Man explained that originally, he was going to let the Monkey-Priest go unharmed after the fight, but that after the years of practical jokes that Yamazu had pulled on him on the road, he had grown weary of him. He instead decided to pull a little prank of his own, and seal the Monkey-Priest away, forever. The seal would not kill him, it would keep him alive, but he would be routed to the spot of his defeat for eternity.

With that, The Sealing Man vanished from Yamazu's sight as the rock covered his eyes, and the sealing was completed. The Four-Tailed Ape Demon was sealed away in another person called Roushi, his Staff was stolen by The Sealing Man, and the world forgot about Yamazu except for the occasional telling of the Tale Of The Monkey-Priest.

During his incarceration, the Monkey-Priest was not idle. Using all his chakra, he slowly chipped away at the seal binding his body in rock. After a hundred and thirty years, he finally managed to break the seal, and the rock crumbled away from his body. Taking a very deep breath (his first in over a century) he gave a great laugh and danced back down the mountain. After reaching the village he passed through when he came to the mountain, he found that it had been abandoned. There was barely anything left of it, reclaimed as it was by the forest.

It took him a few days to find his way into the next town, where he discovered that it had been over a century since he went the mountain. Shrugging it off with a laugh, he headed back to his temple, which he found to his relief was still in use. The monks there (most the great-grandsons of the priests who Yamazu used to know) explained to him how the world had changed since his sealing. When he heard that the Four-Tailed Demon was now free once more, he knew that he was going to have to pick where he left off.

Unfortunately, he would have to start from almost square one. A century of picking away at the seal had taken a lot of his strength away and he no longer had the power to use most of his Ninjutsu. He still retained his knowledge of the Ninjutsu, he just could not use the more powerful techniques. His Taijutsu and staff skills were still fully intact, although it made him sad that The Sealing Man had taken his Staff away. After a hundred and thirty years, the trail to finding it would be long cold. However, he refused to give , and resolved to find that too. Building his chakra again would be a long and tiresome challenge, and he would never regain all his powers. He would need much assitance in tracking down and sealing away the Ape Demon, even after he had regained his power and Staff.

But he was determined to see through his spiritual trials, and thus Yamazu the Monkey-Priest set forth on the quest he started over a hundred and thirty years ago.

After The Timeskip...

For five years, Yamazu did only two things; look for his Staff, a great link to his past power, and train his ninjutsu, both of which he would require so that he may become the host of the Yonbi. Since his incarceration, the Monkey-Priest had a depleted chakra supply. He wished to rememdy this, and so proceeded to go through an exhastive training regiem in which he exahsted himself to the point of passing out, then practised his ninjutsu skills. Before, his abilities had been rather mediocre when it came to ninjutsu and Yamazu wished to remedy this.

So whilst he searched for his Staff, his chakra supplies slowly started to grow larger and his skill with ninjutsu increased beyong what they were before his disagreement with The Sealing Man. He followed the cold trail of his Staff as far as he could, when he heard of an old tale of a weapon that sound a lot like the Staff. Exited, he followed this story to the outskirts of the village of Kumogakure, where he learned that the clan that had found his Staff were long dead. Heeding the rumours that they used to have an old outpost somewhere in the nearby forest, Yamazu dived blindly forwards into the trees.

He eventually found two men. Although, it would be more accurate to say that they found him. They stopped him and asked what he wanted, drawing swords from their backs. When Yamazu explained his presence and his quest for his Staff, the two men looked at each other and said that they did have a weapon of that description in their stores. Apparently they were told to place it their and await its owner to collect it by a very old spirit of some kind. They disappeared and came back with the Staff, handing it over without a second thought, vanishing into the forest like ghosts.

Finally reunited with his Staff, Yamazu could finally start looking for the Four-Tailed Beast and finish the quest he had started over a century ago.

RP Sample:
A battle roleplay in which Yamazu and three others have a free-for-all.

Skill Specialty:
Dominant: Buinjutsu (like Kenjutsu, but with a Staff instead of a sword), Taijutsu.
Recessive: Ninjutsu.

Elemental Affinity:
Dominant: Fuuton
Recessive: Doton, Katon.

Stat Points
Ninjutsu: 4
Taijutsu:5
Genjutsu: 3.5
Intelligence: 3.5
Force: 3.5
Speed: 5
Stamina: 5
Seal Knowledge: 3

Other Links:
Yamazu's Jutsu (1)
Yamazu's Jutsu (2)
The Monkey-Priest's Staff.
The Broken Seal.
Messenger Monkey.
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Yamazu, The Monkey-Priest (Update) Empty Re: Yamazu, The Monkey-Priest (Update)

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 am

Three elements is not allowed to start with.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

http://www.myspace.com/tyfhoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasari Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 am

Would I have to have the Elemental Skill Speciality to have three?
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 am

You're supposed to train your 3rd element if you with for one. Being elemental just makes it a whole lot easier but you would still need to train.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasari Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 am

Ah. I wish someone would have told me this before, I would have trained him. I've actually used all of his elements in fights and no-one mentioned it. If it wasn't allowed, then why was it approved before, and again recently? >: ( lol

I also put down in his Timeskip history that he trained with his ninjutsu, I don't know if that makes any difference?
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyoshi Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 am

Yeah, no it doesn't. It was a new rule that came with the new template as a means to balance things out.
Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi
Raikage
Raikage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasari Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 am

That's fair enough, but how am I going to come up with a reason why he suddenly no longer has his third element? I don't mean to be nit-picky or anything, but it'll make no sense.

I'm open to suggestions as to how he can lose one of his elements, and I'll start a training topic to train up a new element if I really have too. I'll even add the elemental skill to his skill speciality if I can, (I'm not sure if I can add another speciality to his list without taking another off, it say an S-class can have four but it also says depending on skill, which I don't understand).

I'm sorry if I'm making a fuss about this, but if someone can help me sort this out I'll be grateful. ^^
Rasari
Rasari
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am

Um Kiyoshi, he was already rping with this character and with all his stuff before the new template came out. It's not like this is a brand new character. You take away his element he's already been using and you take away one of my elements I've already been using.
Simply not fair.

Everything else checks clear, Approved.
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeanddeath Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 am

Yeah, the rule will apply to new characters, not ones that have been RPed before.

Approved unless said otherwise.
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath
ANBU
ANBU

http://myspace.com/freakyboyblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down