Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temperature Manipulation

3 posters

Go down

Temperature Manipulation Empty Temperature Manipulation

Post by Keiteki Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Name of the Kekkei Genkai: Temperature Manipulation

Type of Kekkei Genkai: Passive Ability

Clan: n/a

Description: Shinobi that use the powers of Temperature Manipulation have the ability to control the temperature of their bodies, the area around them, and the things that they are touching. Shinobi that have this Kekkei Genkai are able to increase temperature of something, or an area up to two thousand degrees, which is only able to be used at their maximum potential. Otherwise their normal limit for heating things up is limited to around one-hundred and twenty five degrees around them, but their touch can be as hot as a thousand degrees. They are able to touch an inanimate object or liquid such as water, and heat it up at will to high temperatures. They are able to heat up the entire object, and heat up entire bodies of water quickly and all of it at once. The ninja is also able to severely lower the heat of something, and easily plummet the temperature into the negatives, being able to cool the air around them to negative ten in the air, and a freezing touch could be around negative one-hundred and seventy five degrees. Those maximum temperatures increase by 1.20 times for every meter closer they get to the ninja.

The Shinobi is able to heat objects at will, and any solid object the ninja touches they are able to heat or cool down at will, from up to nine hundred degrees Fahrenheit, to negative two hundred degrees Fahrenheit with ease. Any solid object he touches that is not heat conductive can be heated from five meters from the area he touches the object. Metal and other conductive objects are heated completely. Also, he is able to completely control the temperature of any body of water, with the exception of lakes and oceans. The ninja can use their temperature controlling abilities to control the temperature of the air around them freely from a five meter radial point from the ninja. They can heat up as well as cool down the air, and make Taijutsu combat with the ninja extremely uncomfortable for most people. Their touch is able to burn whatever part of the body they touch, or give frostbite to them.

By using temperature manipulation, they are able to manipulate temperature for a wide variety of purposes. Also, being a user of this bloodline, the ninja is able to stop Water attacks in their tracks quite easily. In addition, a second ability they possess is immunity to their own heat and cold based attacks. Because they can control temperature, they use their Kekkei Genkai powers to train and temper their body. With a combination of Kekkei Genkai ability and training, the Shinobi is able to become more resilient to the elements of Fire and Lightning. This does not mean they are immune to the damage given by these elemental attacks. However, they both lose a very significant portion of their power against the ninja. This Shinobi is immune to the effects of the cold, and the heat (to a certain extent, for both of them.)

Weakness: When fighting against Temperature Manipulation, past battles between users of this bloodline have suggested that the best way of fighting Temperature Manipulation is through the usage of the Fuuton, or Wind Element. While Wind is able to combat Temperature Manipulation, it cannot nullify it. Also, since Earth is not able to be heated or frozen, it is not affected by Temperature Manipulation.

Last edited by Keiteki on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Keiteki
Keiteki
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Temperature Manipulation Empty Re: Temperature Manipulation

Post by Marixia Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Ok, this is a bit... much.

For the area surrounding you, you would be changing the natural atmosphere which would take a heck of a lot of chakra. Especially when doing it so drastically. Then, maintaining it would take even more.

Heating an area up to 900 F can seriously burn someone and probably kill them. 4,000 is going way to far.
Cooling something to -200 could freeze burn someone and probably kill them as well. Red blood cells also freeze at 4 degrees. If for some reason it does not kill them, it would slow them down drastically from the fact their cells are moving slower then usual which could practically give you an almost instant win.

I believe Fire would do quite a lot of damage to you if the area was already heated because it would strengthen the heat of the fire. If it is cooler and you are not affected by your temp change, the fire would still be hot.

Lightning cannot really be altered in cold temps because lightning is already hot. Hot temps, the the heat would increase the burning point of contact. Kinda like what fire would do.

Water, freezing and melting (ice to water) points are between 32 and 0 degrees. Boiling point, about 212 degrees.
Just a heads up there.

Also, I believe genjutsu would be a good weakness to this too.
Earth jutsu as well because although you could manipulate the particles around and within the dirt... you can't really freeze and melt dirt itself
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Science Freak Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Cooling is difficult, but its stupidly easy to create a 1200 degree flame using nothing but gas provided in the chemistry lab, Nasa.

4000, however, is insane.
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiteki Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:26 pm

I changed the maximum temperature I can elevate things to.

Also, Nasa, I said I can alter the temperature from a radial point from myself. I can't change the whole atmosphere. Only if they approach me can I manipulate the temperature to hurt them.

Also, I didn't say that Temperature Manipulation itself made me resistant to Lightning and Fire. The body has a trait that is trained that lets you be more resistant to those elements. They still take damage, but the damage is lessened.
Keiteki
Keiteki
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:28 pm

"Around them" was vague to begin with. 5 meters around sounds good, although the part about it raising drastically seems a bit much.

Honestly, 400 and -100 still seem much. I would say 125 degrees F and -10 degrees F would be good maximums.

When I was talking about the elements, I was just saying what would happen if you were raising or lowering temp compared to the element being used. I understand you aren't resilient to them, sorry I didn't make myself fully clear.

Also for the part where the body can be tempered.
I don't think it's fully possible to train your body away from basic functions like that.
Now I know people by the equator are tempered to hot temps, but if you moved them to Alaska they would probably freeze. Your body would be used to the temperature around you depending upon where you are; if you made it hotter then normal then it would be unused to this unless you had a continuous heat around you but if you're the one keeping that heat then you would be wasting chakra. Same if there was continuous cold provided by you.

If you raise your body heat above normal, you would give yourself a fever and could kill yourself.
If you lower it to much you will slow down your cell movements and can kill yourself that way as well.
Both ways could cause some internal damage to some extent.

Another thing to ask, which basic elements would be used in making this possible?
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiteki Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:20 pm

The resistance to hot and cold changes from the user's powers are given to them by the Kekkei Genkai itself, not just training.

And no elements are used. Though, if you need an element to be a part of this, I'd have to put it in Fire as one.
Keiteki
Keiteki
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 pm

I meant anything stated beyond 125 degrees and anything below -10 is a no no. Thats why i said 'as Maximums'.

With the resilience to hot changes you would still be kinda saying your immune to fire because fire's main thing besides providing light, is heat, and can burn tissue. Since exposure to hot temperatures can cause burns, see where I am going with this?
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiteki Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:24 am

125 and -10 as maximums? Wouldn't you agree that only being able to heat something up to a hundred and twenty five degrees and negative ten degrees is kind of a crappy Kekkei Genkai? It would basically do nothing except make it warmer or colder around you, and it probably would not affect an incoming ninja.

Yes, but like I said, I'm not completely immune to fire's effects, I'm just resistant against them. Let's say I'm resistant to the temperatures I create. I'd still sweat in the heat, I still shiver in the cold. It's the Kekkei Genkai that allows you to be resistant to these temperatures.
Keiteki
Keiteki
Kumo Jounin
Kumo Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59 am

Oook, what about 200 and -50
Like I said, 32 degrees and below can freeze water and above unfreeze. Then 4 degrees can freeze red blood cells and can still freeze someone. 125 could still burn someone; but what about above. Deal?
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down