Mura of Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed

3 posters

Go down

Closed Empty Closed

Post by Marixia Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

I'm pretty much going to close this down cause it would practically hurt you more than make your stronger :/

Any objections, fill free to post them here.
[Proof included]
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Closed Empty Re: Closed

Post by The Science Freak Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:05 am

I object. I don't think you can even prove your own point.
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Hnnn, figures it would be you that has to say something about anything.

Astrobiology.com wrote:All life on Earth is accustomed to the presence of gravity. When that presence is removed or altered, biological processes can go awry.

Astrobiology.com wrote:
....long-term exposure to microgravity can trigger detrimental physiological responses in the human body. There is a long list of such effects, ranging from serious medical conditions to less severe side effects.

*One of which is bone deterioration

Here's a few quotes from a website explaining the effects of space on the human body and well of course, gravity. I know this is just one website, but all you have to do is search up 'how gravity affects the human body' to find more. They will all, like above, be about zero gravity and space travel; now I know this isn't space but considering it's a gravity training area, this is a no brainer when it comes to comparing the two.

Also, although this is zero gravity, it can still be applied to turning up the gravity and causing more weight to be placed upon the body.

Considering we do not have an actual artificial gravity system and what not in real life, yes I know this is the Naruto world but these ninja are much like normal people except with "super cool" powers.... they still bleed and what not, it is truthfully hard to say just what higher gravity can do to the human body.

Some may think that it can work like super weights on the whole body much like the whole Dragonball Z Goku thing.... but thinking back to Dragon Ball Z... they traveled from different planets in a variety of ways and were practically used to space travel unlike ninja from Naruto. In fact, we don't even have a spacecraft and if we did, I already claimed to make it a long time ago >_>. We aren't Goku here and we aren't space ninja, so just because they can do it doesn't mean we necessarily can.

However, despite all this, to truly train in this right you would need to slowly adjust the gravity until you reach your desired training level then you would slowly have to progress back into earth gravity. That would not only take a very long amount of time, but it's putting you at risk for if you are needed on an important mission or even if this gravity training field is destroyed.

If you did manage to find the necessary amount of time without any distractions, etc, your physiology can still be affected due to amount of stress you put on it over a period of time and reverting back. Much like the quote above explains. Anyone could claim "it's just like adding on my weights like weight lifting" but when people weight lift they only work on parts of the body and not the whole thing at once. If one were to do that on the whole body over a period of time, much like numerous people who use the dome will probably do, they will most likely hurt and damage their muscles rather then helping it.
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Science Freak Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:28 am

I think the level of change you are talking about is closer to acclimation than a very, very long change. Scuba divers are VERY fit.
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 am

Mmmk, bringing the deep sea into picture and affects of the stress is can place on the body. Here are some results-

www.oar.noaa.gov wrote:
Exposure to excessive depths, though, can cause a collapse of the lungs, cardiac arrest, blackouts, decompression sickness and, at worst, death.

Shallow water blackout can occur when, upon return to the surface, there is both a drop in water pressure and gas pressure in the lungs, making it so that enough oxygen is not delivered to the blood and therefore to the brain.

Now we know that the gravity dome isn't full of water, but if you are taking scuba divers into perspective and what not that above is what can happen under pressure.

But besides all that, again, we DO NOT have the technology to match the exact gravitational force like the earth's.

This isn't Dragon Ball Z and there isn't a super saiyan Goku runnin around....

Anyway, I have expressed my proof. Now where is yours on why we should leave this open and how it benefits the body?
This is more or less a one sided debate.... which I could just pull the whole "Im the Hokage, this is my village" but I at least wish to have another side or so of this and so far I am only expressing my case.
Chop chop, lets have it then.

And If we have to....we can scratch Dean's idea and come up with something better that is less deadly. Much like Kumo and the stimulation room.
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Science Freak Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

The main problem here, though, is that strictly with gravity, nothing's set in stone. For example, you say 'long term exposure' in your first post regarding zero gravity. Are we spending months in the gravity chamber? I think its also equally bad to just sit and lift dead weights for a week on end, regardless of how strong you are, simply because it 'destroys muscle tissue'.

However, short-term effects are undocumented, unresearched, and unknown. It is known, however, that the body adapts to gravity, and hence will readapt quickly, much like someone getting their land legs back after a day of boating.

Also, your statement about slowly going to one point of gravity, then going back, is false. Otherwise, we'd all die on roller coasters. It would be intense, like lifting free weights, but only from intense exercise can one truly become stronger.

Also, for the scuba argument: water weighs more than air, and its the osmosis gradient between water and air that affects the lungs. Since air pressure is strictly dictated by volume and temperature, gravity would not change breathing in a normal sense, at least theoretically.

Unfortunately, this is ALL unresearched territory. Neither of us can definitively prove our argument, no matter how much you try and look it up.
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Yeah, lol that's sorta the problem. It is unresearched, we don't have one of these in real life and the only place we've really seen it is in Dragon Ball Z.... we know how that went....

Hnn, wouldn't you agree then that this should be closed? Simply because we lack the knowledge of just what this is capable of doing and if we were to find out, what if had more negative effects then positive? That would mess up anyone who may have used this chamber.
Besides... not many people use this anyway.

Maybe me you and whoever else could all sit down and brain storm something that we actually know about that or would provide many more positive effects. Hn?
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Science Freak Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Perhaps we should. I hate gravity tech anyway... freaking Nagato validating their existance...
The Science Freak
The Science Freak
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Well atm, I truthfully do not have any ideas.

Hah, we could always have a room with numerous targets that actually attack back. Like they can move in and out of the walls and use programmed jutsu or elementals, all of which are connected a main circuit that CANNOT be destroyed.
Well, could, but you would have to be in a certain part of the dome and know where it is exactly ^.^

But they could have panels that move in and out and you can set levels from easy to hard. So then even academy students could use it (under supervision of course). These targets could be programmed to use not only jutsu but certain weapons could be loaded within these targets to shoot off. They could help people fight against their weaknesses or practice combat and kenjutsu.
Think of them as puppets in a way except computerized. If they're destroyed, they could be easily fixed.
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Why not get everyone to put forth an idea they have, then we can vote on the best one we like.
Jeff
Jeff
Konoha Chunnin
Konoha Chunnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marixia Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

That's what we were doing :/

Nasamea wrote:
Maybe me you and whoever else could all sit down and brain storm something that we actually know about that or would provide many more positive effects. Hn?
Marixia
Marixia
Kumo Chuunin
Kumo Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't pay attention when I'm eating food. I'm like a real life Chouji......if it involves food, I'll try it......
Jeff
Jeff
Konoha Chunnin
Konoha Chunnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down